NSU 2.0: Accused in Drohmail affair rejects allegations
NSU 2.0: Horst Seehofer (CSU) does not want to remain inactive – police officers suspected
Affair about “NSU 2.0” – Interior Minister Beuth before committee: 69 threatening emails to 27 people – state police under suspicion
Affair about “NSU 2.0” – Interior Minister Beuth before committee: 69 threatening emails to 27 people – state police under suspicion
Hessen / NSU 2.0: threatening letters almost always have the same sender address
Hessen / NSU 2.0: Beuth does not exclude right-wing network from state police
Hessen / NSU 2.0: Interior Minister Beuth has to answer before the state parliament
Hessen / NSU 2.0: Demands for intervention by the Federal Attorney General are growing louder
Hessen / NSU 2.0: threatening letter sent again – 15 people affected
Hessen / NSU 2.0: At least four politicians and ZDF moderator Illner threatened
Police scandal over right-wing threatening emails is making ever higher waves – top boss resigns
Hessen / NSU 2.0: Police scandal over right-wing threatening emails is making ever higher waves – boss resigns
Hessen / NSU 2.0: Police chief Münch resigns after threatening mail affair
more on the subject
Most read articles
An overview of our services for you
Married couple from Bavaria
A trail leads to Bavaria in the “NSU 2.0” threatening mail affair – but the accused denies the crime
vehemently and speaks of a campaign against him.
Update from July 28, 1:22 p.m.: The one in the affair about right-wing extremist threatening letter series “NSU 2.0” arrested in Landshut Ex-cop has firmly rejected the allegations against him. The Frankfurt public prosecutor’s office confirmed this on Tuesday. He said he had nothing to do with it and didn’t know who was behind it 63 year old in conversation with Süddeutscher Zeitung, NDR and WDR. Someone apparently wanted the police to target one wrong track to steer.
Like the accused of Landshuter Zeitung said, his name and address should be “And all Pipapo” at the end of Threatening mail stand by his arrest led. “There are extremely nasty things like burning and gassing inside,” the man told the newspaper. “An underground style of writing that doesn’t suit me.” He spoke of one campaign against himself.
The ex-police officer is said to have appeared in the past because of right-motivated crimes. It is about rabble-rousing and insultsaid a spokeswoman for the Frankfurt prosecutor’s office. Most recently in 2015, the accused also wrote “two to three opinions”, which were published on an Internet blog by CSU faction leaders in the Landshut town hallRudolf Schnur, said this on request on Tuesday. Back then, there was a lot of discussion in local media, but Schnur emphasized that there was no legal objection to this.
On Monday, Bavaria’s interior minister Joachim Herrmann (CSU) informed that disciplinary proceedings had been initiated against the accused police officer. The Greens in the Bavarian state parliament, Katharina Schulze, demanded a comprehensive explanation on Twitter on Tuesday morning:
Comprehensive information is needed! How did a Bavarian ex-cop get the data from Hessen? How branched is the network? If he appeared before the police because of right-motivated crimes, what happened then? https://t.co/3sjgrKDtNS
The cabaret artist was among the addressees of the threatening letters Idil Baydar and the Frankfurt lawyer Seda Basay-Yildiz. The lawyer had represented victim families in the Munich trial surrounding the murders of the “National Socialist Underground” (NSU). About Basay-Yildiz, Baydar and the Hessian Left Group leader Janine Wissler personal data had previously been retrieved from police computers in Frankfurt and Wiesbaden.
According to a spokeswoman for the Frankfurt public prosecutor’s office, however, there is no evidence that the former police officer and his wife are also involved in the Retrieval of personal data from Hessian police computers stand (see update from July 27, 2:58 p.m.).
Update from July 27, 2:58 p.m .: As part of the investigation into the “NSU 2.0” network, there have been two preliminary arrests. The suspicion is directed against a 63 year old former Bavarian police officer and its 55 year old wife, announced the public prosecutor’s office in Frankfurt am Main. Both were provisionally arrested on Friday (July 24), but have since been released.
Accordingly, the public prosecutor went with the forces of the Hessen State Criminal Police Office and the Bavarian police last Friday in Landshut against the couple. The former police officer was due earlier right-motivated offenses noticed.
The two are said to be behind the e-mails with offensive, hateful and threatening content that was sent to members of the Bundestag and other addressees. Since there were no conditions for an arrest warrant, the two suspects were released again been. The evaluation of those seized during the search Disk as well as further investigations were ongoing.
Update from July 26, 6:05 p.m .: 69 threatening emails to 27 people were self-proclaimed “NSU 2.0” sent. But where did the right-wing extremists get it from sensitive information about their victims? The Hessian police came under suspicion of being helped when it became known that the non-public data of some of those affected was shortly before the NSU’s letters were received queried by service computers had been.
“Who as a police officer queries data and this available for crimes such as death threats is itself a case for the prosecutor and must be released immediately, ”left-wing parliamentary group leader André Hahn deeply condemns the alleged illegal queries. Due to the unauthorized access to data, it had nationwide in 2018, according to information from the “Welt am Sonntag” over 400 administrative, criminal or disciplinary proceedings against police officers given.
The Control mechanisms In this regard, there are significant differences from country to country and some are only extremely random. In Baden-Württemberg every 50th query must be justified, in Hessen only every 200th access, is it[calledKonstantinKuhleinteriorexpertoftheFDPcomplainsthattrustinthesecurityauthoritiesisshakenbytheviolations”Theinteriorministersofthefederalandstategovernmentsmustensurethat[calledKonstantinKuhleinteriorexpertoftheFDPcomplainsthattrustinthesecurityauthoritiesisshakenbytheviolations”Theinteriorministersofthefederalandstategovernmentsmustensurethatunauthorized data queries can be stopped immediately“, He demands. The clarification, which is currently often very slow, must also be improved.
Federal Minister of the Interior Horst Seehofer (CSU) does not want to remain inactive. “I will check whether the Access to police databases with biometric features enables better protection, ”he announces,“Data access is a very sensitive matter and should therefore with the highest standards be protected. ”If the suspicion of a right-hand cell within the Hessen police is true, however, significantly more massive steps are likely to be necessary.
Update from July 23, 8:04 p.m .: Threatening emails with the sender “NSU 2.0“Have received at least three members of the Left in the Bundestag. As a spokesman for the faction of the German Press Agency said on Thursday, faction leader Amira Mohamed Ali as well as Sevim Dagdelen and Gökay Akbulut received such emails on Wednesday – as well as several Greens MEPs, including faction leader Anton Hofreiter. At first, those affected did not want to express themselves. You stand with that Federal Criminal Police Office in contact, said the spokesman.
The chairman of the Central Council of Muslims, Aiman Mazyek, also reportedly received a death threat. The message was signed with the words “Heil Hitler Dein NSU 2.0”, Mazyek said on Twitter on Wednesday. He and his family were threatened with destruction. “This is a cowardly offense, which of course goes to the police.”
Update from July 21, 1:18 p.m .: How Hesse’s Minister of the Interior Peter Beuth (CDU) announced on Tuesday in the interior committee of the state parliament in Wiesbaden Investigator of the Hessian State Criminal Police Office (LKA) information about 69 right-wing extremist threatening lettersthat with the abbreviation “NSU 2.0” have been sent. These would turn on 27 people in total eight federal states judge, said the Interior Minister. Nine affected people lived in Hesse.
Five of these nine people would be individually looked after by the LKA’s risk management, Beuth explained. The four other people are members of the Hessian judicial and security authorities. According to Beuth, the Write almost always from one identical sender address sent. The dispatch was mainly done by e-mail, but sometimes also by fax, SMS and via Internet contact forms.
In all of the letters, the investigative authorities checked whether the data used in some cases could come from publicly available sources, the minister said. This is the case with the majority of the recipients. The investigation would also have shown that in the Hessian police data systems from three different computers Data from three affected addressees queried were. This leads to the suspicion that information from Hessian police systems has been used in threatening letters in these three cases.
So far, a temporal, but no causal relationship could be proven. According to Beuth no references to further queries to affected people from Hessian police calculators in front. The Hessian investigative authorities are in close contact with the federal states and the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA). In addition, a request for legal assistance has already been sent to several countries.
Update from July 21, 9:37 a.m .: Hesse’s Minister of the Interior Peter Beuth (CDU) must be in the Affair about right-wing extremist threatening emails this Tuesday from 11 a.m. before Interior committee of the Hessian state parliament ask critical questions of MPs. Among other things, the meeting in the Wiesbaden Parliament will also be a possible one right network with the Hessian police go. The interior minister had recently said that he would no longer rule out such a network after the recent events among the Hessian investigators.
It had previously become known that Left-wing politicians receive threatened emails signed with “NSU 2.0” had. Other well-known recipients of threatening emails were the cabaret artist Idil Baydar and the Frankfurt lawyer Seda Basay-Yildizwho are involved in the Munich trial on the murders of the “National Socialist Underground” (NSU) Had represented victim families. About Basay-Yildiz, Baydar and the Hessian Left Group leader Janine Wissler personal data had previously been retrieved from police computers in Frankfurt and Wiesbaden.
Update from July 20, 8:20 p.m .: Hesse’s interior minister Peter Beuth (CDU) must in the course of “NSU 2.0 affair” on Tuesday before the state parliament in Wiesbaden. In a special meeting of the interior committee, the members of Beuth want to ask a whole catalog of questions. Among other things, they demand information about the status of the investigation against the authors of the threatening letters and their possible helpers in the ranks of the police.
Among others, several women in public life – including left-wing politicians, the lawyer Seda Basay-Yildiz and the cabaret artist Idl Baydar – were given Threatening writingwith the sender NSU 2.0 were provided. The non-public data of the women are said to have been previously queried by Hessian police computers.
Update from July 20, 1:41 p.m .: Because of several right-wing extremist threatening emails with the signature “NSU 2.0” the demands for intervention by the Attorney General louder – but this one has not yet met the requirements for his intervention. So far, the investigations in the federal states “did not provide sufficient factual evidence on the basis of which the Federal Prosecutor’s Office should undertake the investigation and carry out the criminal prosecution under its own responsibility,” a spokesman for the Federal Prosecutor’s Office in Karlsruhe said on Monday on request. But one is “still in constant and close contact with the investigating state judicial authorities in order to be able to react promptly to any new investigation results”.
Update from July 20, 11:37 a.m .: The left Bundestag MP Martina Renner demands that the Federal Attorney General (GBA) pull the investigation into the case of extreme right-wing threats with the sender “NSU 2.0”. “You will not get around having an investigative authority nationwide,” Renner told the Frankfurter Rundschau (Monday edition). “It can only be the GBA.”
Update from July 18, 9:14 p.m .: Another extreme right-wing threatening letter signed with “NSU 2.0” has been sent. An anonymous writer posted on Friday at least two emails with identical content a total of 15 addressees sent, reported the Welt am Sonntag. According to Hesse’s interior ministers, the recipients are said to be Peter Beuth (CDU) also the left-wing politician Janine Wissler and the cabaret artist Idil Baydar belong to those who had previously received threatening letters. According to information from the German Press Agency, a new email of this type went to a number of recipients known to the public.
The Welt am Sonntag reported that the name of the world-Correspondents Deniz Yücel on. A spokesman for the Hessian Ministry of the Interior in Wiesbaden said that with such threatening e-mails, the responsible public prosecutor decides what can be communicated to the public. The public prosecutor’s office in Frankfurt was initially unavailable for comment.
Yücel said that Welt am Sonntag: “I find it disturbing that I only found out about this threatening letter through the research of my world colleagues.”
Update from July 18, 8:15 p.m .: According to a newspaper report, even more women than previously known have right-wing extremists Threatening letter with the sender “NSU 2.0” to get. A Berlin columnist as well as a Criminal lawyer from Munich were according to a report by Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung The Hessian police informed last year that letters to them had been intercepted. Both women would have wanted to remain anonymous for their protection.
Update from July 15, 12.03 p.m.: With the Berlin Bundestag member Helin Evrim Sommer Another left-wing politician has been the victim of a threatening email. The colleague has a terrible Threat of death reached, said the group leaders Amira Mohamed Ali and Dietmar Bartsch, on Tuesday evening with. “After Janine Wissler, Anne Helm and Martina Renner, Helin Evrim Sommer, four politicians – of which we know – are now on the enemy or death lists of right-wing fanatics or right-wing networks.”
Also ZDFModerator Maybrit Illner received anonymous death threats.
The member of the Bundestag Doris Achelwilm (left) tweeted:
My comrades @Janine_Wissler, @MartinaRenner, @SeeroiberJenny, @HESummer are threatened by Nazis. Also @SedaBasay and İdil Baydar are anti-fascist activists on enemy lists or receive threatening emails. Private data comes from computers of the Hessian police. 1/1 pic.twitter.com/IczcwywA1Z
Last week it was announced that Hesse’s leader Janine Wissler, Berlin’s group leader Anne Helm and the Thuringian member of the Bundestag Martina Renner With “NSU 2.0” had received signed threatening emails. At least some of the personal data of the politicians had previously been requested by Hessian police computers. The cabaret artist was another well-known recipient of threatening emails Idil Baydar and the Frankfurt lawyer Seda Basay-Yildiz, who had represented victim families in the Munich trial for the murders of the “National Socialist Underground” (NSU).
In the wake of the police computer affair, Hesse’s police chief Udo Münch resigned on Tuesday (see first report from July 14th). A special investigator had already started work last week after pointing to a right-wing network in the police. “Right-wing networks must be identified and fought relentlessly. Stop downplaying legal developments in our country, ”said Mohamed Ali and Bartsch.
First report from July 14th:
Wiesbaden – The scandal of extreme right-wing threatening letters against left-wing politician Janine Wissler and cabaret artist Idil Baydar continues. The connection to the Hessian police never stops – and is now drawing ever larger circles. In the end the pressure got too big.
The right-wing extremist sender “NSU 2.0”, which appears to have information from police inquiries, is threatening the death of left-wing politicians from several federal states. In the course of the affair, the Hessian police chief Udo Münch resigned. State Interior Minister Peter Beuth (CDU) said on Tuesday that he had accepted Munich’s request for temporary retirement.
Munich did not pass on information on the illegal request of data from police computers to the interior minister.
In March, Münch was reported in a video conference of an illegal request, Beuth told the “Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung” on Tuesday. The chief of police had not consciously noticed the minutes of the conversation and the facts. For this reason, he was not informed, said the Hesse interior minister. He was with Munich agreed that “such outstanding information – both for the investigation and for the political assessment of these threats, should have been given immediately.”
Munich did not consciously leave the head of the ministry in the dark about the dimensions of the investigation, so Beuth. Nevertheless, as the top police officer, he takes responsibility for omissions that he is not solely responsible for. He only heard of the second data call, which is said to have come from a police computer in February, from last Wednesday Munich experienced said Beuth.
Dressed from 2006 to 2010 Munich the post of Inspector of the Hessian Police in the Hessian Ministry of the Interior and for Sports. As of November 3, 2010, the 64-year-old was head of the state police. (afp) *merkur.de is part of the nationwide Ippen-Digital editors network
When a hostage was taken on a bus, an armed man seized 20 passengers.
List of rubric lists: © Boris Roessler / dpa
Forgot your password? Register now
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.